This post is especially for our visitors from the  Graphics Fairy:
welcome to our blog :-)
We love to meet you, please leave a comment and say hi ;-)


I recently got an iPad from my dear husband. That should have a cover in 24Homes style. So I got to work


On the front I used rough linen fabric in a sandy color. I combined it with a  plain linen in a similar shade and lined it with a natural cotton. I also used this light cotton fabric in a strip on the side.

I wanted a Shabby feel for the iPad cover, so I chose to leave a frayed finish



I applied three different printing techniques  to add images. First of all I simply stamped with Staz-On

At the top on the right I used T-shirt transfer to add a print I found at the Graphics Fairy.



And finally, on the back I used fabric that I directly printed on (before sewing), on my inkjetprinter. I used the Cacao Payraud image also from Graphics Fairy


I finished the cover with lace, a small piece of burlap and several embellishments: a cameo, a flowershaped button and a Tim Holtz Ideaology key (wich I accidently placed backwards, haha :-D



Using some fiberfill and a piece of cardboard behind the lining, the cover gives my iPad even more protection.


 We LOVE comments,
please be so kind to leave one.
And go ahead and browse our blog some more.
  
sweet regards,
Karin Joan

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top